hi all
still thinking about the diff between 2gbit in the specs and about 400mbit in
real world on a pretty new processor
that's a *big* difference
so we can say that every accelerator board - regardless if pci-e 16x or
miniPCI - will not be able to perform at lets say 1gbit because of the need of
copying packets forth and back
can anybody confirm hat most of the speed is lost by copying the packets first
TO the accelerator board and then BACK to process it further after
decryption?
just read some manuals (parts of) regarding the new tilera and cavium octeon
architecture
...part of their secret seems to be a kind of 'copyfree' processing of packets
(accelerators modify the paket 'in place')
has anybody done some reasearch on this?
thanks
/pat