The PF queueing FAQ page at http://www.openbsd.org has a wealth of info that
seems to nicely clarify the pf.conf man page.  I recall that the FAQ contains
an
example much as you describe (as I recall, specifying a queue for -incoming-
traffic will indeed cause that traffic to be processed through the named queue
as it is -outgoing-).

Bill

--
William Bloom| Snr Systems Engineer|M P H A S I S Architecting Value | Eldorado
Computing

Fax: +11-602-604-3115| http://www.eldocomp.com

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its
Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information
in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us
immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this mail from your records.