On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, vadi...@gmail.com wrote:

Why don't you use aliases ?

It's not about 'ls' only: I've just used it as an example. I noticed
that after running a command with one set of options sometimes I want
to add another option(s). For some reason this is important for me to
the extent that I have not become a FreeBSD user when I had a chance.

There are (or were) a number of 'do what I mean' shells that correct
for usage and intent.  You might look at some of these to provide an
experience closer to what you're looking for.  (I think plan9 offers
one but not certain....)

--
Monty Brandenberg, Software Engineer                               MCB, Inc.
mcb...@panix.com                                             P.O. Box 426188