MG wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that if I were to install OpenBSD 4.9 via FTP today, there shouldn't be random IPsec disconnects as described in bug PR6601? Thanks.

The file sets on ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/ (and of course on all official mirrors) are 4.9-release (the same as on the CD).

If you don't mind getting your files from an non-official source, you can install or update from ftp://ftp.openbsd-stable.org./pub/OpenBSD-stable/4.9-stable/
The patch for isakmpd is included in these file sets.

Maurice

BTW: openbsd-stable.org is my pet project, so I'm a bit biased.