On Sun, 18 Sep 2011, Tomas Bodzar wrote:

> > *Something* seems to be breaking, causing Apache to 'think' it's out of
> > resources.
>
> Eg. for amd64 limit of ~4000 processes was resolved only before couple
> of months/weeks (not sure about correct time). A LOT of improvements
> from 4.3 times regarding performance and speed of system so you will
> be better to try upgrade first and see if problems are still in place.

Hi Thomas,

TFTR, but you missed the original premise - the system has been running
for many years with MORE children authorized, and no resource limits have
*changed*, so I don't see how it can be a resource issue.

Something is borking Apache and causing it to use UP all resources in an
'unauthorized' manner, or *think* they have all bee used.

        Lee