Everything I read about CARP, including my Book on PF 2nd edition,
says you're supposed to have two different ip-addresses set for each
carp device, for two hosts that is. And one third ip-address in the
same network on the psuedo carp0 interface you create.

Since I'm aiming to load balance on the first hop of a network this
means I need to allocate three external static IPs for my system of
two OpenBSD gateway hosts.

Is there a less wasteful way of doing load balancing with carp using IPv4?

--

Med vdnliga hdlsningar / With kind regards

Stefan Midjich
http://swehack.se