I happen to be one of the end users of OpenBSD and read this (and the other
related) list and I have not seen much in the way of the behavior you are
describing. Granted, Theo has his preferred methods when it comes to
developing and reviewing code for the OS and utilities.

The only response I have seen Theo give to a question or request outside his
area of expertise is "not supported". This leaves the person asking the
question (or developing a project)but one option: attempt it themselves.
now, as for bug reports, there are number of recommended tools. there is also
a recommended format for the reports. depending on the project, the devs might
recommend a particular tool and it is usually a good idea to follow those
recommendations (cuts down on confusing the devs and others participating in
the project in question).

there you have from an end user: the right tools for the right job. believe
me, I have had to learn this lesson THE HARD WAY.

-Eric