On 11/14/2011 06:28 AM, James J. Lippard wrote:
I had the same problem, which I worked around by changing my
spamd.conf to use a local file instead of FTP, and downloading the
traplist.gz file in my daily.local.

That is, my spamd.conf now looks like this:

uatraps:\
         :black:\
         :msg="Your address %A has sent mail to a ualberta.ca spamtrap\n\
         within the last 24 hours":\
         :method=file:\
         :file=/etc/mail/traplist.gz:

And my daily.local now has this:

echo "Getting traplist.gz."
/usr/bin/ftp -o /etc/mail/traplist.gz http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/traplist.gz

I question the wisdom of identifying the source of
your trapping info.  It outs ualberta.ca as a trap.

Spammers who actually read (I know most don't) reply
messages will know to black list ualberta.  Those
with infected machines who somehow might get see the
message need only know their machine is compromised.

Knowing who trapped their spam does not enable the
owner of the compromised machine to do any thing
they wouldn't do anyhow.  The still need to clean
up their machine.

Regards,
Ray