On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Duncan Patton a Campbell
<campb...@neotext.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:24:56 -0500
> Ted Unangst <t...@tedunangst.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012, Duncan Patton a Campbell wrote:

>> > Ok, but if I've started with 5.0 Release, how do I get 5.0 Stable's
config
>> > without
>> > building it?
>>
>> I would revisit the assumption you are building 5.0 on 5.0.  You are
>> reporting an error nobody else is reporting, that just happens to be
>> exactly the error one sees when building with a mismatched config and
>> src, so.... You see where I'm coming from?
>>

> Yes.  I do.  I can only assume I've buggerd up the src tree somehow.
>
> uname -svmpr
> OpenBSD 5.0 GENERIC.MP#63 amd64 AMD A6-3670 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

It's most likely that you're currently running a 5.0 kernel with 4.9
binaries.  To upgrade from 4.9 to 5.0 by building from source you
would have needed to follow the steps in the "following -current" page
of the FAQ during the run-up to the 5.0 release.  Once 5.0 was
released, the presumption became that you'll install 5.0 sets and work
from there.

Probably the simplest way forward is to just follow the steps outlined here:
   http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade50.html

That even documents the other configuration changes you'll need to
consider as part of the upgrade, something which building from source
does *not* automatically do for you.

Philip Guenther