On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:53:48 -0800
Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Duncan Patton a Campbell
> <campb...@neotext.ca> wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:24:56 -0500
> > Ted Unangst <t...@tedunangst.com> wrote:

> config
> >>
> >> I would revisit the assumption you are building 5.0 on 5.0.  You are
> >> reporting an error nobody else is reporting, that just happens to be
> >> exactly the error one sees when building with a mismatched config and
> >> src, so.... You see where I'm coming from?
> >>

> > Yes.  I do.  I can only assume I've buggerd up the src tree somehow.
> >
> > uname -svmpr
> > OpenBSD 5.0 GENERIC.MP#63 amd64 AMD A6-3670 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
>
> It's most likely that you're currently running a 5.0 kernel with 4.9
> binaries.  To upgrade from 4.9 to 5.0 by building from source you
> would have needed to follow the steps in the "following -current" page
> of the FAQ during the run-up to the 5.0 release.  Once 5.0 was
> released, the presumption became that you'll install 5.0 sets and work
> from there.
>
> Probably the simplest way forward is to just follow the steps outlined here:
>    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade50.html

There's a minor error in http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html such that
it specifies that to "follow stable" you can pull the whole tree with cvs
and run as such.  This is not the case.  The 5.0-Stable tree will not
build without the tree being first primed with the 5.0-Release code.

Dhu

--
Duncan Patton a Campbell is Dhu >>> Ne obliviscaris, vix ea nostro voco.