* Marcos Bento Luna <marcoz.l...@gmail.com> [2012-03-08 03:07]:
> But I wasnt careless, and choose the
> custom layout option. However, the next step wasn't very
> practical for a newbie like me to easily visualize what exactly
> I had to do, how to do it and where it would be made.

see, imo our i386/amd64 fdisk is far from optimal, very far.

isn't it nice that it is easily circumvented by accepting the default
"whole disk"? :)

seriously, since I never ever do multibooting and always use the whole
disk for OpenBSD, there is no incentive to improve fdisk for me. and
obviously it is the same for the other developers.

if you don't like that, you are free to work on that yourself and
submit a patch. that is simply how volunteer based projects work,
wether you like it or not.

> Well as you guys can see installing openbsd is a bit complicated
> for newbies like me

careful. please note that the complications you described are direct
consequences of chosing a multiboot setup.

> and I got thing done as I could.

yup. multiboot is complicated, and i believe we provide enough
documentation to master it.

> Can the installer improve?

hell, yes! I want to install right onto softraid. and guess what, I'm
certain that'll happen rather sooner than later.

> Yes. Is it a technical challenge to implement further assistance?

"are you sure" style questions are certainly not "further assistance"
but rather annoying for most. and won't protect against pressing enter
"to scroll up".

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP