> FWIW, I have 20M/5M VDSL service at home and have zero issue doing
> 20Mbps with OpenBSD as my pppoe-based firewall.  That said, while I
> wouldn't expect a 300MHz machine to limit you to 2.4Mbps, it is a bit
> weak--and rl NICs are some of the worst out there.  Curiously, when
> doing 2.4Mbps, what does top show for interrupts?  For comparison,
> when I'm doing 20Mbps, my interrupts are at 5-6% using em and fxp
> NICs.

Good point.  1MB/s is the best I can get with this HW on a local
network test.  The interrupts max out.

I would still like to find out why I only get 300KB/s through the pppoe.
1MB/s would be a nice improvement, and I could put up with it, for
sake of having OpenBSD security until I get around to upgrading the HW.

Can anyone recommend an embedded product that would be adequette for
100Mbps? (thinking of future network upgrades).

Cheers,
.d.d.