On 2012-05-25 15:33, Kostas Zorbadelos wrote:
Yes, I have understood that. The question remains: what do you think of
ports for recent BIND versions?

I am running a hand-compiled BIND 9.9 right now for the DNS64 feature. I'd like to have an up to date port. I don't one to contribute, so I shut up and endure.

PS: Initial tests with Nominum's resperf tool are not encouraging. My
guess is that it has to do with the lack of threading support
(in-kernel) for OpenBSD 5.1. Situation could be improved with the coming
rthreads? Of course this is a subject of a different thread when I have
more test data.

I'd guess that rthreads will play a big role, but this is only a guess.

Simon