Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd <at> bsws.de> writes:

> > OpenBSD 5.1/amd64:
> > May 29 05:55:09 fw1 bgpd[21316]: Lost child: route decision engine
> > terminated; signal 11
>
> now that is bad. sig11 = segfault, Must Not Happen (tm).
> can you get us a backtrace? stuart, can we document the steps to do so
> somewhere we can point people to?

I will happily supply what I can. Just let me know how.
Although as you said in another post
it is hard to replicate. All I seem to be able to see is that this happens
during some period of network instability. It seems that there is a
ripple affect that something happens and that then causes a bgpd
process to die which then propagates more changes to iBGP peers
and they then sometimes die as well.

-Matt