Hi Misc,

I am having issues troubleshooting an issue where the error is:

Jun  6 13:47:53 openbsd5132 bgpd[15919]: neighbor x.x.x.x (AS 65002 peer 1):
parse_capabilities: AFI 1, safi 4 unknown
Jun  6 13:47:54 openbsd5132 bgpd[15940]: neighbor x.x.x.x (AS 65002 peer 1):
bad VPNv4 withdraw prefix
Jun  6 13:47:54 openbsd5132 bgpd[15919]: neighbor x.x.x.x (AS 65002 peer 1):
sending notification: error in UPDATE message, optional attribute error

And I have tried with the gdb debugging options explained in a previous thread
but it looks like I am only able to get it to work when bgpd core dumps. When
this error gets logged, bgpd does not core dump, so I need to be able to debug
the running process, and I am failing horribly with that.

To give some background, this is happening when I am exporting multiple
communities from a Junos host to the bgpd host, not when a single community is
used. On a single rdomain it is working perfectly.

Is it possible for you to make the info that was written down about debugging
options for bgpd in the non-public list available here, as per the mail
below?

On 29 May 2012, at 9:30 PM, Henning Brauer wrote:

> * Peter J. Philipp <p...@centroid.eu> [2012-05-29 21:26]:
>> 1. Make BGPD dump core
>
> it doesn't work that way due to bgpd dropping privs and chrooting.
> the way involves setting kern.nosuidcoredump to 2, but since we have
> all that already written down in an email to a non-public list, it'll
> be easiest to make that available.
>
> --
> Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
> BS Web Services, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP
> Secure Hosting, Mail and DNS Services. Dedicated Servers, Root to Fully
Managed