> I could have answered lots of points that were weak or erroneous in
> this thread but that would just be feeding trolls.

You must be using the term "troll" differently to how the rest of the
world uses it.  I have legitimate concerns that I have explained in
detail that no one has yet responded to in a way that really addresses
them.

Saying that lots of points in this thread are "weak or erroneous" and
then calling me a "troll" does nothing to further the discussion and
is, ironically, exactly the sort of behaviour one would expect from a
troll (as the term is usually used).

> I see lots of "OpenBSD should..." and "I want..." types of statements.

Actually, I never used either phrase.  You're trying to make me seem
more demanding than I actually am and then criticising my attitude
rather than addressing my actual concerns.

> For the benefit of absolute newbies here is a precis of the OpenBSD
> raison d'etre:

I've been using BSD since 1998, and unix for a few years before that.
Calling me an "absolute newbie" doesn't address any of my arguments;
it's just a transparent psychological ploy whereby you pretend that
your position is correct without ever actually defending it.

> People who find some part of OpenBSD has an irritation or deficiency
> are encouraged to submit diffs. (Referred to as "If you have an itch -
> scratch it" or "Shut up and hack")

OpenBSD's package system already supports package signing, and OpenSSL
can sign files, so there is nothing for which to submit a diff.  All
of the code is there; it's just not being used.

> Lots of "should" sayers believe that OpenBSD devs take notice of their
> demands.
> Many times if the devs are silent it's because they have better things
> to do than troll-feeding or  using a cluebat.

Again, you're using the word "troll" in an unusual way, and implying
that I'm clueless to cover for not having any good answers.  It's
transparent.

> Perhaps you can take further discussion off-list.

Perhaps you can let us use the list for its intended purpose and
refrain from derailing the discussion with condescending personal
attacks.

> Please.

Thanks.