> I already said there are no plans to start signing things.  What more
> is there to discuss?

Two things:

1) Why not?  I'd like to know the reasons.  I've read the FAQ, I've
checked the archives, and I've read all of the messages in this
thread.  The best answer seems to be "because we can't be bothered".
But that's inconsistent with OpenBSD's proactive approach to security.
 The OpenBSD project has put more effort into less significant
security features than this.

2) Given that there are no plans to start signing things, what's the
best way to update an OpenBSD system (including packages)?  The modal
answer is "buy the CDs", but that only works for releases.  The best
answer seems to be "use anoncvs over ssh and compile everything
yourself", but that requires X and is time-consuming, and you need to
somehow verify the server's fingerprint.

The upgrade guide at http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade51.html
specifically recommends setting PKG_PATH and running "pkg_add -ui".
This is vulnerable to both compromised mirrors and man-in-the-middle
attacks.

Section 4.1 of the installation guide at
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html specifically says that you can
download the install ISO or use an FTP or HTTP mirror.  This is
vulnerable to both compromised mirrors and man-in-the-middle attacks.

There is a discrepancy between what the official documentation
recommends and what people on this list recommend.  Moreover, the
official documentation says nothing of the risks its recommendations
entail, and thus creates a "false sense of security".