On 31/12/2012 2:06, Martin Schröder wrote:
2012/12/31 Live user:
The thing here is that Google has such a good tech that can keep the lead on
it, and even if other do that Google gets money because they are a services
based company.

No. Look at a chinese phone with Andoid and Baidu and tell us where
Google gets money for that.

In this case I don't know, only hardware manufacturers.
There are forks of android like Aliyun, that Google rejects because weaken the ecosystem, and it's normal. Furthermore, Google can ban any non-official rom from accessing Play Store, except that is not doing it actually for good faith roms like Cyanogenmod, but could do if necessary.

As I said before, it's just matter on developing in a way which is unpredictable but better, I doubt any chinese fork of android will surpass the official in terms of capabilities and Q&A.