Hello misc,

I'm currently trying to set up opensmtpd (OBSD 5.2) as my home
mailserver. Nothing fancy, so it should do the trick. For my mailserver
I want to be able to receive emails and also be able to relay emails
from my laptop mail-clients, so I could sent these from all over the
world. To do so I set up a listen on interface with tls and enable auth.
This works when I try to send emails from my client to other domains,
but when I try to send an email to my domain I get an recipient
rejected. When doing some manual smtp testing I found out that I had to
be logged in before I could do local deliveries. Is there a way to leave
smtp open for local delivery and login-protected for relaying (so no
different ruleset based upon ip-address)?

Another thing I noticed was that smtpd.conf(5) mentions starttls(8) as a
source for setting up the .ca, .crt, .key and .dh files, but non of this
is actually mentioned in that page. I managed to set up ssl, but it
might be confusing for new users.

Sincerely,

Martijn van Duren