Which app are you running that is generating millions of tiny files in a single
directory?  Regardless, in this case OpenBSD is not the right tool for the job.
You need either FreeBSD or a Solaris variant to handle this problem because you
need ZFS.

What limits does ZFS have?
The limitations of ZFS are designed to be so large that they will never be
encountered in any practical operation. ZFS can store 16 Exabytes in each
storage pool, file system, file, or file attribute. ZFS can store billions of
names: files or directories in a directory, file systems in a file system, or
snapshots of a file system. ZFS can store trillions of items: files in a file
system, file systems, volumes, or snapshots in a pool.

I'm not sure why ZFS hasn't yet been ported to OpenBSD, but if it were then
that would pretty much eliminate the need for my one and only FreeBSD box ;-)