> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 00:35, Keith wrote:
> > Q. How do I make the default web folder /var/www/ capable of holding
> > millions of files (say 50GB worth of small 2kb-12kb files) so that I
> > won't get inode issues ?

newfs defaults to -f 2k and -b 16k which is fine if you
know in advance you will hold 2k-12k files. As for inodes,
the default of -i is to create an inode for every 4 frags,
that is 8192 bytes. So on a 50G filesystem this should
give you over 6.1 millon inodes. What does df -hi say?

But first of all, fix your crappy app to not do that.