On 07/05/13 09:04, eric oyen wrote:
Sighted assistance. It simply means that I am blind (as in I wear
prosthetic eyes and can't see a thing). I can use most of my
equipment here with either some screen reader access or braille.
Unfortunately, that can't be said for installation and first time
configuration of OpenBSD (the man AfterBoot process). Only after
SSH is enabled can I do anything with the machine. It certainly
would be a lot better if OpenBSD supported a general CLI screen
reader right from boot up. I do know that enough of the hardware
gets detected to at least support this. Unfortunately, I am not
a coder, so I can't really try this without some help. Running a
compiler script (configure, make and make install) are easy
enough from a CLI SSH session, but unless I can run a package
immediately after the OS has completely booted and given me a
login prompt, I am literally operating in the blind zone.

Letting the installer redirect the console to com0 does not cut it? What hardware are we talking about?

/Alexander

This is what I mean by sighted assistance. So right now, if I
 can't do it myself, whats the point?

-eric

On Jul 4, 2013, at 10:09 PM,openda...@hushmail.com  wrote:

>On 5. juli 2013 at 4:59 AM, "eric oyen"<eric.o...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>My only problem (and it seems none of the devs really understand this)
>>is that I must have sighted assistance to install and initially configure the
OS.