On 09/14/13 18:41, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
I'm trying to add myself to sudoers. I used `su -` to get root, and
then `adduser jwalton sudo`.

Now I'm stuck a loop of:

   Enter username[]:

When I try and add my name, I'm told its there. When I try to <RETURN>
(no name), I looped back to the prompt. I have to break out with a ^C.

After the ^C break and exit from root, I'm told I'm not in sudoers again.

How does one use adduser in OpenBSD?

Just in case you didn't notice, when you first install you should have mail.
$mail
It will describe reading "afterboot" and many other things, even an example of adding the emacs package.