Am Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:21:44 -0400
schrieb Brian McCafferty <br...@mccafferty.ca>:

[ ... ]
> If you use dhclient on your laptop, I think you need to make sure to
> specify "lookup file bind" (the search order) to have the hosts file
> checked before DNS server. ie- in resolv.conf.tail
> bind file is the default.
> So then you can add 127.0.0.1 facebook.com to the host file.

Hi Brian,

good point - I had resolv.conf.tail disabled when setting up adsuck on
the laptop. Will test this tomorrow.

Still the question is: As the squid-server at home is dedicated to be
"just a proxy" I am not shure if adsuck is the right tool on this
machine. Prior to trying my luck with adsuck on the laptop I had only
the entries for facebook in the hosts-file - with no effect. This is
why I am about to either use pf.conf on the server as well or a
squid-ACL.

Thank you for joining the discussion.

Regards,
STEFAN