Marc Espie said:
> You could point the guy at the FAQ, with caveats since the FAQ *doesn't
> cover his specific case*.  But your way of phrasing your answer is not
> a polite way to put it, and it's completely unjustified !

FAQ never covers one's specific case - it covers general case and has to
be applied to the situation. Windows 7 instructions work for Windows 8,
and before asking on mailinglist OP should have tried it. If it failed,
his query should have been:

  I tried to set up dualbooting Windows 8.1 with OpenBSD following the
  advice for Windows 7 from FAQ 4.9, but at the step *N* (command *cmd*)
  it failed. Did anyone have success with setting up Windows 8 and
  OpenBSD to play together in dualboot?

Instead we got a general query *before* any action.

Keep in mind that potential risk boiled down to wasted space on the hard
drive, which could be easily reclaimed for OS the OP would prefer if
dualboot was impossible.

I see no way to defend OP against lack of proper research allegation.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff