On 2013-12-09, Dennis Davis <dennisdavis+openbsd-m...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> You might find the OpenBSD port/package of openpam:
>
> /usr/ports/security/openpam
>
> of use in getting authentication via winbindd working.  I've
> never used openpam myself, just installed it to satisfy the
> build requirement of other software.

This is not going to help, what you are looking for is nsswitch,
but OpenBSD does not support that.

On 2013-12-09, Peter Fraser <p...@thinkage.ca> wrote:
> In my case, my user community is slowly changing, it is not too much
> work to manual created a OpenBSD account  for each BackupPC user.

You *might* possibly get somewhere by grabbing a snapshot of the
account database from Windows via ldapsearch, and creating system
users based on that. You might even get somewhere with ypldap
though probably not particularly straightforward..

I think you're looking along the right lines with login_ldap to
handle password auth.