Hi,

I'm using cymru[1] bogon feed onto a router receiving several full tables.

On this router I have:

    neighbor $CYMRU_PEER_v4 {
        descr                   cymru-fullbogon-v4-001
        local-address           $NERIM_MY_v4
        max-prefix              9550 restart 10
    }

bgpctl show rib correctly shows the prefixes being added with nexthop
$CYMRU_PEER_v4

This nexthop however is invalid (because I can't reach it directly),
which doesn't matter to me since this traffic should be blackholed
anyway.

To blackhole this traffic I use:
match from group cymru_bogons set nexthop blackhole

The traffic never gets blackholed....unless I use
        set nexthop             $NERIM_PEER_v4
in the neighbor stanza.

Is it a normal behavior, a misunderstanding on my side, or a bug ?

Thanks

Laurent

PS:
$CYMRU_PEER_v4 = IPv4 address of the cymru router
$NERIM_MY_v4 = my public IPv4 address
$NERIM_PEER_v4 = my IPv4 gateway (ISP side)
[1]: http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/bgp-examples.html