Hi,

Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
OpenSSH wouldn't be reliable if it wasn't tested on HPPA and sparc64:

(I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of commits wrt to alignment issues that
were discovered
on HPPA or sparc64 for OpenSSH).
being myself a developer of several applications, I can only praise that. The quality of "Linux-x86" only software is quite evident lately.

I have discovered in the past a lot of bugs in my own software by running it on different architectures and different operating systems. Even if we "love" our own BSD or Linux flavour... I once discovered a bug by testing on AIX/POWER... that affected any platform, but reproduced reliably only there.

Sparc and PA-RISC discover a lot of bugs (I'd love to say for their superior architectures) due to alignments, stack treatment, structure handling.

Often it is a burden, one has to fight with buggy compilers, strange bootloaders and aging hardware, but it has paid off more than once.

This personal experience can surely be extended to other libraries and to whole operating system(s).

Riccardo