On 11/27/05, Simon Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hackers like interesting problems. Pretty HTML and a nice website
> layout is not an interesting problem. Stop wasting peoples time
> with it. The website has its purpose and does a perfectly good
> job of serving it.

I would have to disagree. I find that coming up with good visual layouts and
good, solid web design is a large challenge. Otherwise I wouldn't do it.

The OpenBSD website is functional for many people. However, it could be more
functional, and work to maximum effect on all users across all platforms.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about what CSS is for. It's not
just about pretty pictures. CSS and solid XHTML, when used properly, make
your websites look great on the newest Mac and it makes them look and work
great on lynx running on a 386. That's what good web design is all about.
Right now, OpenBSD.org's layout and design relies on a lot of old hacks,
which break down for many users. I find that unacceptable, just as I find
the general attitude that something is good enough when it clearly could be
better with a little effort to be unacceptable.