On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 02:54:54AM +0100, Michael Vetter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't tried out OpenBSD yet, but used Linux for some years.
>
> Recently I got a Macbook, thought first about installing Linux on it,
> but because of different reasons I am considering OpenBSD now.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with this? Would be glad
> for any information that would help me accomplish it.
> And would be great if the hardware is even supported yet.
>
> Since it is my first install, somebody with experience
> whom I can ask for help would be great, however I am aware
> that this is probably too much to ask for, and I will be glad for
> every piece of information I can get on the subject.
>
> I own the MacBook Pro Retina, mid 2012 version,
> which seems to be known as MacBookPro10,1.
>
> regards,
> Michael

Can't you just boot it off the OpenBSD installation CD and send a dmesg?
It would help a great deal. Without it we're all pretty much guessing
what's in it.

One thing's for sure: you have the 'dual GPU' model, one of which is a
NVIDIA out of which you won't get any acceleration (the other is an
Intel HD Graphics 4000).

Cheers
Zé