On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 01:42:42PM -1000, Felix Johnson wrote:
> I don't think it's distance to the AP, since the Windows 7 laptop
> I'm using can connect without problems.
>
> I followed your advice and ended up with a lot of data.
> Even after heavy editing, there's more than 2100 lines of output.
>
> To save our collective sanity, I've simplified the output.
> Let me know if you need more data.

As far as I understand, it looks like your AP isn't answering
DHCP requests. Perhaps DHCP settings on the AP are misconfigured?
Perhaps the DHCP address pool is too small?

There are also de-auth frames, which means the AP could be trying
to kick your zyd0 device off the wireless network.
Is your AP using a mac address filter or something like that?

It looks like the wifi communication itself works fine.
Try the zyd device with a different AP. If that works, chances
are your AP is not configured correctly.

(For the future: Judging from the timestamps you ran the tcpdump commands
in sequence.  If you run them in parallel, i.e. in 3 separate terminals
at the same time and show lines from all three from the same time frame
correlating data from the different layers would be easier.)