Hi there,

I made this thing because I wanted or need a way to message between
processes that know nothing about each other, using a central name.
Without requiring any network. So, some basic message passing, across
the OS. It's implemented using sqlite3 which in my case is not good,
because I originally wanted to track fopen/open, and I think there will
be infinite recursion if any of my new functions are used in that
context. So, I'm thinking about another backend for it.

Tell me what you think if you dare untar. (Did it attach properly?) I've
made some nifty applications for/with it already. Such as a message
reader that runs programs it finds in a list. It's handy... because... etc.

I'm thinking maybe in the future the database could be located on a
shared network device, or fs, like nfs. If sqlite3 continues on, that
is. Could make for some funny applications, especially if optimized. Or
connected with pf, for instance. Or added as a layer between ALL
c-functions. Imagine getting to look at all activity going on in the
system, by simple commands. Okay, maybe it isn't simple... well, try it...

So. Please look at it. Good night...

PS: When you're going to install this, put it in /usr/src/lib and tar
xvf the filename and cd into libmessage and do make && make install. So
it's a lib from the kernel. (Well.) That should be it. Let me know if it
breaks something or does not work. Typical compilation is gcc msg_app.c
-lmessage -lsqlite3 -o msg_app.

//Gustav

--
This e-mail is confidential and may not be shared with anyone other than
recipient(s) without written permission from sender. Permission granted to

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of libmessage.tar]