Am Donnerstag, den 07.08.2014, 18:51 +0530 schrieb Indunil Jayasooriya:

> Try to change the harddrive settings in BIOS.
> > They are probably defaulting to "raid"-mode, which doesn't work under
> > OpenBSD.
> >
>      i.e -  does NOT this server's Hardware Raid (Mirror) work under
> OpenBSD?   Will I have to go with Software RAID?

If it is a real[TM] RAID controller, OpenBSD won't see the separate
harddisks at all. Whether or not now the RAID controller will be
accepted as a "harddisk" by OpenBSD depends pretty much on the model
you bought. I.e. whether or not OpenBSD supports that type of
"harddisk".

On the other hand, if you did not explicitly order a RAID controller,
but go the colourful leaflets of you were presented by your hardware
vendor, you probably got some "Intel Matrix RAID" or something.
This is not really a hardware RAID, but just RAID in (Windows) driver
software.

As the above mentioned type of "hardware RAID" is really nothing else
than software RAID with a BIOS flag, you may as well go with standard
software RAID, which has even the advantage, that you may monitor it
with standard OS tools.

Cheers

        David

--
David Dahlberg

Fraunhofer FKIE, Dept. Communication Systems (KOM) | Tel: +49-228-9435-845
Fraunhoferstr. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany        | Fax: +49-228-856277