Hi folks,

I've done this a (n exaggerated) million times on Linux but I'm new at
OpenBSD.   Google found me a few options and I just want to see
whether there are any more that I missed.

FAQ 4.15 addresses this matter and says : "Unfortunately, there are no
known disk imaging packages which are FFS-aware"

However my googling turned up http://clonezilla.org/, and their FAQ
claims that they understand "UFS".  More googling tells me that UFS
and FFS are the same thing.   However I have not yet tried Clonezilla.

I have also found this : http://www.ualberta.ca/~antoine/clone/openbsd.html
Also looks promising.

I like the looks of the latter since it seems to allow me to run the
first part on a live system, to make a copy of that system (can anyone
confirm that?).   I'd much rather not have to take it down to make the
image since I don't have to do that when I clone Linux.   And my
production systems will be happier that way :-)

Clonezilla looks to be all-singing-all-dancing, but seems to require
me to boot from their CD or USB in order to make a copy of my original
system (can anyone confirm or refute?).  Not a massive issue in my DEV
rack but not ideal in production.

In Linux the way I do systems is to boot the target system in Live
Linux (Ubuntu), and then partition the HD(s) the way I want, and mount
them up under /mnt/target/ with that being my root.  Then run rsync
locally to copy the master live system into /mnt/target.  Use a couple
of options to tell it what not to copy.   Works awesome.   The above
perl scripts from U Alberta seem to be at least a bit similar to this
procedure.

Are there any options I am missing that I should look at?
Has anyone used the above methods and can comment on how well they
work or whether or not I should just avoid one or the other?

thanks,
-Alan

--
"Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV"