Ouch.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Henrique Lengler
<henriquel...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to install openbsd by the first time a month ago, How I was with
> no internet
> connection

I guess you mean, no other way to access the internet.

By the way, how are you accessing the internet now?

> I needed to shutdown the computer

Don't do that. It hurts. I promise. Avoid it if at all possible by
planning ahead.

> in the part that I need to
> download the packages,

Yeah. This is where you need to plan ahead.

> because I hadn't it on the cd.

So, you downloaded the wrong CD image. Perhaps it was cd56.iso?

Getting the right CD is part of planning ahead.

Or perhaps you forgot to write down the URL for a nearby mirror before
you started, so you could tell the installer to get the stuff from a
mirror. For example,

   http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/OpenBSD/

is a mirror in Japan, which is sort of close to where I am. I have to
admit, I hate to write those urls down, too. But this is also part of
planning ahead. The file sets for a 32 bit intel or AMD CPU would be
in

   http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/OpenBSD/5.5/i386/

for the above mirror.

Buying the CD set would solve that problem, although you'd have to
wait for shipping.

Or you could download the install56.iso image, to have enough packages
for a working command-line system.

As another aside, these pages in the FAQ should help you plan ahead better:

    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/index.html

> I could not acess the command line so I
> clicked the reset button
> on the front panel.

ctrl-C might have gotten you to a command line?

> When I tried to turn on again, the system didn't boot.

That's not too surprising. Although, I wonder, did you notice how far
it got in the boot process before it stopped?

You might want to read through these, to help you describe how far you
are getting:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booting
    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#Boot386

> discovered that it
> only worked if I remove the hard drive.

I suppose you mean that it would boot the install CD?

There could be boot device order issues.

> Thinking that the problem was the harddrive I sent it to warranty to be
> repleaced.

Definitely a drastic step.

> I took
> 10 long days (withou my computer) to arrive a new one.
> When it arrived, I tested and I saw that now it is working. I prepared a
> cable connection, and I
> started again the openbsd setup.
> It sucefully downloaded and installed everything, so I rebooted the system
> to boot my new fresh install.

I see from your later posts that you have installed Linux before. You
should understand there is a difference between Linux and openbsd.
Openbsd does not install a bootloader for you.

This part of the FAQ should provide some useful information:

    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting

> AND SHIT, everything happened as before, the system don't boot as before, I
> can't open the bios as before,

How did you "open the BIOS" when you were able to "open the BIOS"?

> and
>  I got really mad.
>
> I don't know if I will be able to sent it to warranty again, but this isn't
> the right thing to do now that
>  I discovered that the problem isn't with it, the problem is with Openbsd.

Or something.

> Could someone please explain me why this happened?

You are the only person at this time with enough information to
explain it, but you need to be able to tell us more than you are
teling us.

> Can you think about a way
> to fix this without send it to warranty?

I'm guessing you need to read through FAQ 14.7, on booting, that I
mentioned above:

    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#Boot386

and then back to FAQ 4.9, again:

    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting

> Any other questions?

Did you do anything to tell your BIOS where to find your openbsd install?

How did you partition the disks?

How many partitions do you have?

Are you trying to multiboot with a Linux OS or MSWindows?

What kind of motherboard is it? Is the CPU 32 bit or 64 bit?

> send me a reply, I'm really in need of help

:-/

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.