On 03/29/15 14:25, Tuyosi Takesima wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> this is my little expirience , it may be useful using openbsd & linux in
> tha same hard disk .
> i want to install openbsd OS into sdb4 .
> But to install OpenBSD directly is risky .
> if i fail , i lose all (including linux) .

You have added a lot of steps, and I don't really think you improved the
"safety" of the install.  You also managed to create a really bad system
with just a root and swap volume (ok, what I call "really bad" is what
Linux does normally, but I don't like to set my goals that low).

I DO agree with creating the OpenBSD partition in a utility that you are
familiar with and/or one that your other OSs respect, as the process is
a bit tricky, and it is a bad time to be learning new tools (that's
ignoring my other advice of "know all the OSs you are trying to
multiboot).  But once that was done, the OpenBSD install will only use
the OpenBSD fdisk partition by default unless you push it elsewhere.
But from that point onwards, no, I do not recommend people follow your
process.

Nick.