On 03/29/15 22:19, Nick Holland wrote:
> On 03/29/15 14:25, Tuyosi Takesima wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> this is my little expirience , it may be useful using openbsd & linux in
>> tha same hard disk .
>> i want to install openbsd OS into sdb4 .
>> But to install OpenBSD directly is risky .
>> if i fail , i lose all (including linux) .
>
> You have added a lot of steps, and I don't really think you improved the
> "safety" of the install.  You also managed to create a really bad system
> with just a root and swap volume (ok, what I call "really bad" is what
> Linux does normally, but I don't like to set my goals that low).
>
> I DO agree with creating the OpenBSD partition in a utility that you are
> familiar with and/or one that your other OSs respect, as the process is
> a bit tricky, and it is a bad time to be learning new tools (that's
> ignoring my other advice of "know all the OSs you are trying to
> multiboot).  But once that was done, the OpenBSD install will only use
> the OpenBSD fdisk partition by default unless you push it elsewhere.
> But from that point onwards, no, I do not recommend people follow your
> process.

The OP's OpenBSD partition is located above 128G, ie. sector start=842752000,
which may have led to the complicated work-around.

[1] has a kernel patch (w/ help from krw) I've used while experimenting w/
large disks.  However, that patch (doubling to 256G) wouldn't appear to be
enough for the OP's problem (842752000 sectors or ~400G).

[1]<https://www.marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=138477729520448&w=2>