On 20-4-2015 5:15, Dale Lindskog wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015, Ton Muller wrote:
>
>> i can ping a host, and i get NO result back.
>> ping i its IP adres, i get a result back.
>
> You are saying here, I think, that if you ping a hostname, e.g.
> www.example.com, then you get no reply, but if you ping its IP address,
> you get a reply.
>
> Where are you pinging from?  From the firewall itself, or from a host
> behind the firewall?  Try both.

Dale.
I did both.
as on openbsd, as on my local machines behind it.
i only noticed on litle thingie last night (yes it was very late for me)
when i do sh /etc/netstart ,changes i made to my IP config it didnt
aplied, i kep the the old stuff, so a reboot was needed, oh wel, its on
the todo list for finding it out all again, didnt work for 2 years with
openbsd :(

Tony.