On 12/21/05, Lukas Kubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have a problem getting mail from gmail through spamd. Google's gmail
> public mail service use a large number of smtp servers. The first time
> gmail tries to contact our smtp, it is being greylisted on our spamd
> server. The problem is the next time it tries to repeat the
> transmission, it appears trying it from different IP and is greylisted
> again. So the mail may get through after a very long time.
> I understand this is not problem of spamd. However, is there any
> solution for accepting mail from gmail? Eg. is there any list of IP
> addresses they are using?
> Thank you.
>
> Lukas Kubin

If you like a more restrictive whitelist, you want to add just the outgoing
gmail servers.  Take a look at the header of any gmail message and you will
see it was received from "some letter"proxy.gmail.com. This represents a
pool of ip addreses, more exactly, a block of 16 ips. There is more than
just one block. So this is what I added to my white list:

64.233.162.192/28   # zproxy gmail
64.233.170.192/28   # rproxy gmail
64.233.182.192/28   # nproxy gmail
64.233.183.192/28   # nproxy gmail
64.233.184.192/28   # wproxy gmail
66.249.82.192/28   # xproxy gmail
66.249.92.192/28   # uproxy gmail
216.239.56.240/28   # mproxy gmail

As you can see there are two nproxy. "dig nproxy.gmail.com" reports just the
first one, so keep your eyes on the spamd's log file... They may add new
ones (xproxy and uproxy were added recently).