On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 05:59:09PM -0500, James Hartley wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Carlos Fenollosa <
> carlos.fenoll...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I installed a new box using the default partitioning (2GB for /usr) and I
> > found that it???s a bit insufficient since /usr/ports, /usr/xenocara and
> > /usr/src hang from there on the same partition, and eat up most of those
> > 2GB. I???ve searched online and some users also found the same problem
> >

> The defaults, which are based on the size of the disk, are simply that --
> arbitrary values chosen to take care of general usage.  Since you mention
> /usr/src, /usr/xenocara, & /usr/ports, you might be building the system, or
> you might simply want to install source for study.  Your goals are unclear,
> so to advise as to what sizes you need are also unclear.
>
> If your goals is to build a substantial number of ports, /usr/ports/pobj
> may need to be tens of gigabytes in size.
>
> I could try to write a simple patch for it.
> >

> At the beginning of the installer, you are given the choice of accepting
> the defaults as presented, or choose a custom layout which will allow the
> creation of partitions of any allowable size.  No patch is needed or
> necessary.  The tools provided have the flexibility you need/desire.

I setup sort of what I wanted (used the idea of /usr/bld from a previous
post to put ports, src, xenocara in) but I could not get what I really
wanted since there are only partitions available up to p.

Why only up to p? Could this be easily changed or would that be a major
project? I would really like to newfs more partitions than are
available.

Chris Bennett