On Mon, June 29, 2015 4:05 am, Carlos Fenollosa wrote:
> For a novice user, theyâ**re going to be constrained with the current
> defaults when they want to compile some big port â** thatâ**s my case, I
> canâ**t build php-5.6 because of disk space, and Iâ**ve run â**make
> cleanâ** on all subfolders so there is nothing else to get space from.
>
> Anyway, my goal bringing this up was to try to accommodate the sizes. a
> bit better for novice users who run with the default system partitioning.

Novice users are strongly encouraged to use packages and not to build
ports.  Learn the system first, then you can play around with ports and
disk partitioning, etc.

Sounds like a pain in the butt, but BSD is great in that there is a
relativly strong seperation of system vs user files so it's very simple to
backup the stuff you've changed, reinstall from scratch, and reapply your
changes.

Tim.