On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Jan Stary <h...@stare.cz> wrote:

>> > You need a running apmd(8) to be able to use `zzz' or `ZZZ', as
>> > explained in the man page for apm(8) (zzz and ZZZ are just hard links to
>> > apm):
>> >
>> > ``apm communicates with the Advanced Power Management daemon, apmd(8),
>> > making requests of it for current power status or to place the system
>> > into a suspend or stand-by state.''
>> >
>> > Try again after issuing
>> >
>> > # rcctl -f start apmd
>> >
>> > or, if you want to enable apmd(8) permanently:
>> >
>> > # rcctl enable apmd
>> > # rcctl start apmd
>> >

>> Either way, /etc/apm and the scripts that the man pages for apm/apmd
>> mention under that directory remain missing in action.
>
> You are supposed to write them, if you wanti apmd
> to take some further action upon suspend/resume.

Great. I hadn't quite understood what the "actions can be configured"
part implied, and had missed (bleeped over :-( ) the "these files
contain the host's customized actions" paragraph.

I'm sure, when I get time to work on this, I'll need those for some
temporary debug stuff. Thanks for the cluestick.

--
Joel Rees