> On Jul 17, 2015, at 1:45 PM, Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> wrote:
>
> On 2015-07-17, BSD <b...@cpscoatings.net> wrote:
>
>> As a new user, I find myself in the same position as the OP: very
>> interested in non-Intel products. But there seems to be a vacuum of
>> information around this topic.
>
> You're 15 years too late.  x86 has won.

I couldn’t have said it better.

To my knowledge - the fastest non-x86 desktop type system that OpenBSD runs on
in the PowerMac G5, it’s 10 years old, and a nicely specked can cost almost as
much as a much faster x86 box.

Things like the BeagleBones and Edge Routers are great for what they are - be
it a router or embedded platform or simple web server, etc. - but the modern
desktop environment and things like firefox are just to slow on anything non
intel esp. w/o accelerate graphics. Just how it is.

-bp
@creepingfur