On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 03:51:36PM +0000, Dewey Hylton wrote:

> the only real differences i see are:
> 1) bios revision
> 2) secondary disk attached to different sata port
> 3) sensors only present on working machine

I've had this issue with the same systems.  Never guessed it would be OpenBSD
specific.  What I've found to make it stop happening is pulling the board
out and redoing the thermal paste for the CPU heatsink.  I had found
some reference indicating that the alarm I got might be because of overheating.

The difference between the boxes may be the attention to detail the factory
worker who put it together had that day.

Hearing that Linux doesn't trip it, I'm wondering if it's an ACPI difference
between OpenBSD and Linux.  Perhaps OpenBSD runs the CPU hotter before
turning it back over to the BIOS on reboot?

--Kurt