On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:32:22 -0400, stan wrote:

> Given that, most of the things we are doing with FreeBSD,  Apache,
> Samba, NFS etc, do not concern me as to doing them with OpenBSD. but I
> am a bit concerned about the mailserver. We use it for internal mail,
> and it gets mail from a large variety of systems, and devices, not all
> of which are modern. also I offer our users many options for retrieving
> their mail. With this in mid, I'd like to hear the experience of others
> using OpenBSD for mailserver.
>
> Thanks.

I have set OpenSMTPD for small deployments and it does the trick. It is
just easier to configure than any other SMTP daemon I have dealt with.

If you want to know if OpenSMTPD is good for your user case, you are
better off asking if it can do X and Y and Z, and how well it does them.

If your deployment is any serious you should test the software in
controlled conditions before you take a decision and install it.