On 26.04.2016 18:32, stan wrote:

Given that, most of the things we are doing with FreeBSD, Apache, Samba, NFS etc, do not concern me as to doing them with OpenBSD. but I am a bit concerned about the mailserver. We use it for internal mail, and it gets mail from a large variety of systems, and devices, not all of which are modern. also I offer our users many options for retrieving their mail. With this in
mid, I'd like to hear the experience of others using OpenBSD for
mailserver.

I use OpenBSD for my own little mail server at home with Postfix and Courier IMAP. This system was setup with OpenBSD 4.4 and got every new release of OpenBSD since then.

At work I run two VMs with OpenBSD which act as incomming SMTP gateways. The gateways eliminate spam and malware before forwarding mails to the internal Exchange server. The system is built with Postfix, ClamAV and SpamAssassin. Both servers process hundereds to thousands of mails each day.

Cheers,
Bruno