On 2016-05-15, Mihai Popescu <mih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was reading Illustrated TCP/IP by R.W. Stevens for example and I was
> not able to understand it fully.

There are 3 volumes. The one I mentioned (vol 2, The Implementation) is a
programmer's guide covering the historical BSD implementation. It's not
perfect for current code, but can help point the way.

> I miss some tcp/ip basic explanations and those very basic bits are
> not in that book. For me it was something like many RFCs put together.

That sounds like volume 1 which is of more general interest and applicability
but some people prefer a different approach to tgat material. Maybe try
Comer, "internetworking with tcp/ip vol 1", or there are some good online
resources like http://www.tcpipguide.com/.