> Are you sure there is no iso image with self boot and update, ready to
> be burned on a cdrom? I don't know for sure, but I think last time I
> was using that. I don't own HP gear, but IBM/Lenovo has this kind of
> iso image and I've used it a lot.

Not as far as I can tell, and the guy at HP support I've been chatting
with maintains that Vista is the only way to do it.  I remember Vista
beta came on DVD it was so big.  I used Rufus (Windows freeware) to
load my XP ISO onto an SD card and boot from it to install XP on a
hard drive, then did the BIOS update from that.  Dell would have a
more practical solution too.  I think they had self-extracting files
that wrote an image onto a boot floppy last time I needed to use one
about 2009.  Being tied to Vista?  Yuck.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX