Mon, 6 Jun 2016 09:52:49 -0400 Alan Corey <alan01...@gmail.com>
> I don't see anything in there for flashing, just looking in pbrowser.

That pbrowser is not available as a package (~7 months), its Makefile
is in the attic.  You could try sysutils/pkg_mgr as a port (package).

CVS log for ports/x11/pbrowser
[http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/x11/pbrowser/]

FILE REMOVED

> move pbrowser to the attic, last real update was in 2005, it's not LP64
> safe (segfaults at startup) which nobody has reported, so seems unlikely
> that it's getting much use, unknown whether it still works with a current
> ports tree which has moved on quite a lot in that time.  ok jca@ zhuk@

CVS log for ports/sysutils/pkg_mgr
[http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/sysutils/pkg_mgr/]

> pkg_mgr is a high-level, user-friendly package browser for OpenBSD. It
> allows the user to install, uninstall, search and browse available
> packages, using a simple curses interface. It relies on sqlports for
> its internal database, and pkg_add/pkg_info/pkg_delete for package
> operations.

Upgrading sqlports-compact keeps your pkg_mgr aware of current ports.

> So, I guess I should look at BiosDisk too.

If one utility warns you could potentially have unpredictable flashing
results, how is the other utility that does not warn you so different?

Tech support may not be engineering support, which you could then need.
Simply just use the manufacturer tools and not blame third party tools.