On 08/06/16 22:02, Mihai Popescu wrote:
Sorry, no, I should have been clearer.
Man, so much confusion in this thread. All are mixed in usage:
partition, mount point, filesystem, mount options, etc. Aren't they
different anymore? I was reading about wx_ stuff since I will install
a new snapshots, but this thread is too damn unclear.

Sorry.

I think it's quite clear. If you want run programs that violate W^X protection, for instance some programs from ports might have problems with W^X, then you have to mount the filesystem under which the program exists with wxallowed.

Since ports are installed in /usr/local you have options like:

a) if you have a separate /usr/local then you mount /usr/local with wxallowed option
b) if you have only /usr then you have to mount /usr with wxallowed option
c) or create a new /usr/local filesystem, move old /usr/local (from /usr filesystem) there and mount that with wxallowed

If you install a new system, then recommended to create a separate /usr/local from start...